A pronoun in Hindi or in English or in any other language is used to avoid repeated use of Nouns. For example : I am Peter. Peter is cool. Peter is good. Peter goes to School. The noun “Peter” can be replaced by pronoun “I” and can be used to make the sentences shorter and easier by saying : I am Peter. I am cool. I am good.I go to School.
However, there is difference in Hindi Pronouns and English Pronouns. Hindi pronouns are very sensitive to the Gender, Number of the noun and case of the sentence.
Instead of learning Hindi pronouns by memorizing tables, it is always better to learn them through examples. Following 8 lessons will take you through different Hindi pronouns. The usage of pronouns is explained using examples and instant quizzes.
- Hindi Lesson 1.1 : Your introduction in Hindi : Learn first person personal pronoun in Hindi
- Hindi Lesson 1.2 : Telling your name in Hindi : Learn possessive form of first person pronouns
- Hindi Lesson 1.3: Describing your friend: Learn second person personal pronoun in Hindi
- Hindi Lesson 1.4: Introducing someone in Hindi Learn possessive form of second person pronoun
- Hindi Lesson 1.5: Say “He is my friend” in Hindi: Learn third person personal pronoun in Hindi
- Hindi Lesson 1.6: Say “His and Her” in Hindi: Learn third possessive person pronouns in Hindi
- Hindi Lesson 1.7: Say “Telling who we are in Hindi: Learn Hindi pronouns in plural case
- Hindi Lesson 1.8: Say “Telling what we have” in Hindi: Learn Hindi pronouns in plural case
The table is given below just to summarize the various pronouns in Hindi. However, it is strictly recommended to learn Hindi pronouns through the lessons given above.
Hindi Pronouns Chart
Also see: How to learn Hindi on this website